This part of the w8zpf.org website contains information about the CRES Amateur Radio Club made available by the Secretary for the benefit of its members.
The CRES-ARC was founded in 1962 by hams working at the Western Electric manufacturing facility on East Broad St, Columbus, Ohio. The front building, originally owned by AT&T, then spun off to Lucent Technologies in 1996, and finally Mount Carmel Health in 2004, still serves as home base for our club's W8ZPF Repeater. Membership in the CRES-ARC is now open to all interested amateurs.
- Every Sun, 9 PM - Club roundtable on W8ZPF/R, 146.67-, 131.8 CTCSS
- Tue Feb 16 - General meeting and program; Reynoldsburg Branch of the Columbus Public Library, 6:00 PM: gather to eat and socialize (brown bag your own food); 6:45 PM: short meeting and presentation
- Thu Apr 21 - General meeting and program, "Latest enhancements to the Smart HF Power/SWR Meter", featuring Bill Erwin, N9CX; New Albany Branch of the Columbus Public Library, 6:00 PM: gather to eat and socialize (brown bag your own food); 6:45 PM: short meeting, followed by presentation
- Thu Jun 23 - General meeting and program, topic Field Day Planning; New Albany Branch of the Columbus Public Library, 6:00 PM: gather to eat and socialize (brown bag your own food); 6:45 PM: short meeting, followed by presentation
- Thu Aug 25 - General meeting and program, The State of Home Generated Solar Power, by David Rouse; New Albany Branch of the Columbus Public Library, 6:00 PM: gather to eat and socialize (brown bag your own food); 6:45 PM: short meeting, followed by presentation
- Thu Oct 20 - General meeting and program, Mini-HF Radios (e.g., the K1, KX-1 and KX-2), by K8AX and N9CX; New Albany Branch of the Columbus Public Library, 5:30 PM: gather to eat and socialize (brown bag your own food); 6:45 PM: short business meeting followed by presentation.
- Sat-Sun Nov 12-13 - The 57th annual CQ-WE contest
- Membership Application (PDF)
- Dues Information
- CRES-ARC Meeting Minutes
- Meet the members of your CRES-ARC Executive Committee
- Past CRES-ARC Officeholders
- Active Committees within the Club
- VE exam FAQ for aspiring and upgrading hams
- Our CRES-ARC Constitution (PDF)
- The CRES-ARC Photo Gallery
- Our Silent Keys
- Presentation materials from CRES-ARC technical talks
- CRES-ARC Members-Only Area (password protected)
(The Members and Friends Pictorial Directory has been moved to the Members-Only area of the website.)
Ham Radio is all about communications. Our primary means of keeping in contact with one another within the Club is our W8ZPF Repeater, 146.07/146.67 Mhz (with 131.8 Hz CTCSS). The repeater is located at I-270 and Broad St (SR 16) on the east side of Columbus with a remote receiver site in northwest Fairfield County. W8ZPF/R provides good coverage throughout most of Franklin, and much of Fairfield and Licking, Counties. If you have a rig that cannot send subaudible tones, you can override the repeater's CTCSS decoder temporarily by touch-toning 219. Feel free to give a call on W8ZPF/R at any time or join us at 8 PM on Sunday evenings (9 PM from May through October) for our weekly Club Net.
The CRES-ARC also maintains two internet email lists -- a discussion group and an email announcement list. What's the difference? The announcement list is a low volume list intended to announce our meetings and activities as well as get the word out about other items of interest to all club members. The discussion group is a potentially higher volume Yahoo Groups forum that can either be viewed online or followed through emails. On the discussion group the topics are more dynamic, going where ever its members choose to take them.
- The announcement list is maintained by the Treasurer. Drop us an email if you desire to have your email address added, removed, or changed, or if you have a question.
- If you are a club member and would like to join the CRES_ARC discussion group on Yahoo, just enter your email address below and click "GO" to get started:
- Finally, as a courtesy, for those club members who would like to provide contact information for other members of the CRES-ARC, we publish a members-only web page. If you are a member in good standing, you may request the access credentials from a club officer. Please email the Secretary if you would like to make your email address, phone number, or mugshot, available to other club members on the members-only part of the website.
- Contest Info: Field Day Ohio QSO Party OSPOTA TP QSO Party CQ-WE
- National Online Resources: ARRL QRZ EHam QSL QTH mods.dk Bell Ringers
- Local Sister Organization Websites: ATCO COARES CCRA COOKEN CORC OARC LFCARC NARA
- Our ARRL affiliation info
- A Short History of the Columbus Works Location and the CRES-ARC
- A Map of the Hams who live in your (or any) Grid Square
- Amateur Radio HF Phone Nets Heard in Ohio
- CRES-ARC Field Day 2004 article from Southeast Messenger.
- Tusco ARC Hamfest, Strasburg, 8AM (6AM to set up), Sun 24 Jan 2016
- Mansfield Mid-Winter Hamfest, Richland County Fairgrounds, 7AM, Sun 21 Feb 2016
- Northern Ohio Amateur Radio Society Winter Hamfest, 500 South Abbe Rd, Elyria, OH, 9AM - 1PM, Sun, 5 Mar 2017
- Toledo Hamfest, Owens Community College SHAC, 30335 Oregon Rd, Perrysburg, OH, 8AM - 2PM, Sun 19 Mar 2017
- Athens Ohio Hamfest, Athens Community Center, 8AM - 1PM, Sun 24 Apr 2016
- The Dayton Hamvention, New location: Greene County Fair & Exposition Center, Fri-Sun 19-21 May 2017
- BreezeShooters Hamfest, Big Butler Fairgrounds, Prospect PA, 8AM - 3PM, Sun 05 Jun 2016
- NOARSFEST, Lorain County Community College, 1005 N Abbe Rd, Elyria, 8AM, Sat 16 July 2016
- Van Wert ARC Hamfest, Van Wert County Fairgrounds, 8AM, Sun 17 July 2016
- The Columbus Hamfest, New Location: Aladdin Shrine Center, Grove City, 8AM - 2PM, Sat 6 Aug 2016
- The Findlay Hamfest, Hancock County Fairgrounds, 8AM, Sun 11 Sep 2016
- Cleveland Hamfest, Cuyahoga County Fairgrounds, 8AM - 2PM, Sun 25 Sep 2016