The CRES amateur radio club was established in 1962 by hams working at the Western Electric manufacturing facility on East Broad St in Columbus. Today it serves the greater central Ohio ham community. Its goals include stimulating interest in amateur radio, the exchange of technical information, emergency readiness, and social activities for the membership and their families. As a club we sponsor the W8ZPF repeater, host a Volunteer Examiner team, participate in ham-related events such as Field Day, and conduct bi-monthly meetings which consist of a short business meeting followed by a topical presentation of interest to clubmembers. Visitors (licensed or not) are always welcome, as are new club members.
- Thu Feb 18 - Virtual (via zoom) club general meeting. 6 PM: Zoom session opens, virtual Meet and Greet; 6:45: Short business meeting, followed by a presentation by Ria Jairam, N2RJ. (Zoom credentials will be emailed to members of the club announcement list. If you do not receive them and would like to attend, please ask.)
- Thu Apr 8 - Virtual (via zoom) club general meeting. 6 PM: Zoom session opens, virtual Meet and Greet; 6:45: Short business meeting, followed by a presentation by Carl Luetzelschwab, K9LA, https://k9la.us/. (Zoom credentials will be emailed to members of the club announcement list. If you do not receive them and would like to attend, please ask.)
- Sat Jun 26 and Sun Jun 27 - Field Day. Due to the uncertainties surrounding the pandemic we'll have to wait until closer to Field Day weekend to determine how we will conduct this event as a club this year. See https://www.arrl.org/field-day.
- Membership Application (PDF)
- Dues Information
- Meet the members of your CRES-ARC Executive Committee
- Past CRES-ARC Officeholders
- VE exam FAQ for aspiring and upgrading hams
- Our CRES-ARC Constitution (PDF)
- The CRES-ARC Photo Gallery
- Our Silent Keys
- Presentation materials from CRES-ARC technical talks
- CRES-ARC Meeting Minutes
- Our ARRL affiliation info
- CRES-ARC Members-Only Area (password protected)
Ham Radio is all about communications. Our primary means of keeping in contact with one another within the Club is our W8ZPF Repeater, 146.07/146.67 Mhz (with 131.8 Hz CTCSS). The repeater is located at I-270 and Broad St (SR 16) on the east side of Columbus. W8ZPF/R provides good coverage throughout most of Franklin, and much of Fairfield and Licking, Counties. Feel free to give a call on W8ZPF/R at any time.
The CRES-ARC also maintains two internet email lists – a discussion group and an email announcement list. What's the difference? The announcement list is a low volume list intended to announce our meetings and activities as well as get the word out about other items of interest to all club members. The discussion group is a potentially higher volume forum where the topics are more dynamic, going wherever its members choose to take them. Both are hosted on https://groups.io/.
- The announcement list is maintained by the Treasurer. If you provide an email address with your membership application we'll add you to this list automatically. Group members can manage their list preferences directly from https://groups.io/ or you can always drop us an email with your request.
- The discussion list is run by Bill Erwin, N9CX. If you are a club member and would like to join this group you may do so at CRES Discussion Group's IO group website, or simply send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with subscribe in the Subject line.
- Finally, as a courtesy, for those club members who would like to provide contact information for other members of the CRES-ARC, we publish a members-only web page. If you are a member in good standing, you may request the access credentials from a club officer. Please email the Internet Manager if you would like to make your mugshot along with your email address and/or phone number available to other club members on the members-only part of the website.
- Contest Info: Field Day Ohio QSO Party OSPOTA TP QSO Party CQ-WE
- National Online Resources: ARRL QRZ EHam QSL QTH mods.dk Bell Ringers
- Local Sister Organization Websites: ATCO FCOHARES CCRA COOKEN CORC OARC LFCARC NARA
- Hamfests in Ohio
- A Short History of the Columbus Works Location and the CRES-ARC
- A Map of the Hams who live in your (or any) Grid Square
- Amateur Radio HF Phone Nets Heard in Ohio (dated)